What benefits do you get by adding Carrots to your diet?
• Beta-carotene is the phytonutrient that gives carrots their orange color and breaks down into Vitamin A. This fat-soluble nutrient supports your vision and protects against free radical damage.
• Reduction in cardiovascular disease risks.
• A source of Vitamin K which helps your body form blood clots
• A source of Vitamin B-6 (pyridoxine). This vitamin supports your brain in creating neurotransmitters and your body to make hemoglobin.
How to add them into your diet?
• Slice or shred them for salads, oatmeal, rice, or sandwiches
• Thickly slice them for dipping in hummus
• Cut sticks and have with almond butter for a quick breakfast or snack
• Shred them and add into meatloaf for an extra nutritional boost
• Add them into soups and stews
• Add them as part of a vegetable stir-fry
• Add them into baked goods
For a recipe idea, visit http://thewholelifeapproach.com/beyondpumpkin/
Provided by: Melissa Vertosick, CHHC, AADP
Appointments now open on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. Please make appointment at front desk by calling 724.468.3999. Visit the S’eclairer website at www.seclairer.com. For more recipes and healthy lifestyle inspiration, visit thewholelifeapproach.com