What benefits do you get by adding Pumpkin Seeds to your diet?
• Has antioxidant properties in a variety of forms- vitamins, minerals, phenolic antioxidants, and lignans
• Very good source for the minerals phosphorus, magnesium, manganese, copper, zinc, and iron
• Contains anti-microbial, anti-fungal, and anti-viral properties
• Rich fiber source
• 1 ounce of seeds has 9 grams of protein
• Raw seeds contain Vitamin K which helps to stimulate blood clots after tissue damage. There is about 2 milligrams per serving.
• They can have a diuretic effect.
How to add them into your diet?
• Toss them into your next stir fry
• Top a salad with them
• Grind them and add them to a homemade salad dressing
• Top your morning oatmeal with them
• Use as part of a homemade trail mix
• Eat them raw or roasted for a small snack
• Add them to soups
This food can be purchased at the Z’Harmony Wellness Store for your convenience.
Provided by: Melissa Vertosick, CHHC, AADP
Appointments now open on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. Please make appointment at front desk by calling 724.468.3999. Visit the S’eclairer website at www.seclairer.com. For more recipes and healthy lifestyle inspiration, visit thewholelifeapproach.com