What benefits do you get by adding Tahini to your diet?
• An excellent source of calcium.
• Also rich in minerals- phosphorus, magnesium, potassium, copper, and iron. These support many body functions such as bone, blood vessel, and the immune system.
• Contains Vitamin E and several of the B Vitamins.
• Easy for your body to digest. May even help you digest those foods that are harder to break down.
• It is a source of unsaturated fat, particularly omega-3 fatty acids. These help to reduce inflammation in your body.
• It is a protein source.
How to add it into your diet?
• Use it in homemade hummus
• Spread it on toast, apples, or celery
• Thin it for a dip
• Use it for a salad dressing with olive oil and vinegar or lemon along with spices.
• Add some to your next stir fry
• Use it in place of peanut butter or almond butter
• Stir it into oatmeal
• Use for energy bars
Provided by: Melissa Vertosick, CHHC, AADP
Appointments now open on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. Please make appointment at front desk by calling 724.468.3999. Visit the S’eclairer website at www.seclairer.com. For more recipes and healthy lifestyle inspiration, visit thewholelifeapproach.com